Inspiring Quotes To Begin 2017
The New Year is 365 renewed opportunities to go out and achieve what you couldn’t achieve in the past year. Sometimes you simply need a little inspiration and motivation to go on. As a New Year gift, we curated 14 inspiring quotes from inspiring people. Here’s wishing you a Happy New Year and a Happy New You.
1. Write it on your heart that every day is the best day in the year.
Ralph Waldo Emerson, poet
2. Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come, whispering, ‘It will be happier.’
Alfred Lord Tennyson, poet laureate
3. Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbours, and let every new year find you a better man.
Benjamin Franklin, founding father of the USA
4. For last year’s words belong to last year’s language, and next year’s words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning.
T.S. Eliot, author
5. It doesn’t matter where you came from, all that matters is where you are going.
Brian Tracy, motivational speaker
6. Drink from the well of yourself and begin again.
Charles Bukowski, author
7. This is a new year. A new beginning. And things will change.
Taylor Swift, singer
8. The beginning is the most important part of the work.
9. Whatever you do or dream you can do — begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, writer and statesman
10. New Year’s Day: Now is the accepted time to make your regular annual good resolutions. Next week you can begin paving hell with them as usual.
Mark Twain, writer
11. An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves.
Bill Vaughan, columnist
12. Year’s end is neither an end nor a beginning but a going on, with all the wisdom that experience can instill in us. Cheers to a new year and another chance for us to get it right.
Oprah Winfrey, TV host
13. We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day.
Edith Lovejoy Pierce, poet
14. The object of a New Year is not that we should have a new year. It is that we should have a new soul and a new nose; new feet, a new backbone, new ears, and new eyes. Unless a particular man made New Year resolutions, he would make no resolutions. Unless a man starts afresh about things, he will certainly do nothing effective.
G.K. Chesterton, English Poet