Wise Words From The Buddha
Everyone desires to be in a constant state of happiness, which can be difficult to achieve amidst all the chaos and stress we cope with in our daily life. Tight schedules, mounting work pressure, strained relationships and unhealthy lifestyles are a common scenario in the modern world. Take a break from all this and learn to relax and tap the ocean of happiness within you, with these tips from the Buddha himself.
- Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.
- Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.
- We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
- Better than worshiping gods is obedience to the laws of righteousness.
- Even death is not to be feared by one who has lived wisely.
- No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.
- Work out your own salvation. Do not depend on others.
- Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
- Just as a candle cannot burn without fire, men cannot live without a spiritual life.
- It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.
- Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.
- Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.
- To live a pure unselfish life, one must count nothing as one’s own in the midst of abundance.
- There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth; not going all the way, and not starting.
- You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.